Friday, October 7, 2011

The Best Animated

Being fat, I like food. So while I was eating my snack between snacks I started thinking of all the visually splendid food in a few of my favourite animated films. You know, the cartoon meals that just make you want to dig into the pantry. So without further ado, here are the best visual feasts... in some of the best animated films... which are kinda visual feasts... because they are visually stunning to... umm yeah just read the rest of the article.

Spirited Away
In the beginning of Hayao Miyazaki's (8th) masterpiece, Jihiro gets frustrated because her parents suddenly start acting irresponsibly, helping themselves to an abandoned feast in an abandoned town. Not a smart thing to do, sure, but how can you blame them? If I saw such gorgeous food, I would gorge on it as well.

Shrek 2
When Harold and Shrek are yelling at each other at the royal dinner table, I wanted to intervene and gobble up the chicken, the lobster AND the donkey.

Ratatouille
Considering how much I love eating, it should come as no surprise that one of my favourite films of all time is one all about food. I am of course talking about Ratatouille, the Pixar/Brad Bird masterpiece. All of the fine, French cuisine is beautiful to behold, and the film inspires everyday people to get in the kitchen. Fun fact; most of the food in the film was first cooked by the staff at Pixar, and then photographed and animated!


James and the Giant Peach
If I was on-board with them, the film would be called "James".

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Of all the films about food, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs gets the most Michelin stars. They could have just featured still photos of food for two hours and I would have been happy, but they used food in so many imaginative ways it was impossible not too summon a massive appetite while watching it. Might I add; this film is very underrated; I seriously think it's one of the funniest films of the last few years.

Well there you have it; some of the yummiest food to grace animation. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go watch Masterchef while eating half a kilogram of chocolate...

No comments:

Post a Comment